Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day/Chapter 30 Graduation Day

Stepping into the great unknown.  We all do it every time we walk outside our doors.  Today is the first day of the next chapter in my life, and though I will not be keeping a daily log any longer to share with you and Cat, I will be letting you know periodically how it is going!  In today's chapter, Cat walks us through a visualization, helping us to release the last vestiges of our pain.  As I went through it, I found myself alternating between tears and goosebumps. Tears of relief, of release.  Goosebumps from the anticipation at what lies ahead.  It is so effective, I may actually do a physical version of the visualization for a couple of other items I want to work through (the rape for one.)  I am really proud of the work I have accomplished in the last 30 days, and I am even prouder of you guys for seeing me through it.

I want to thank each of you for so many moments of true friendship you have given me over the course of this journey.  There are also those who I want to thank who I will reach out to privately, as well.  

The biggest thanks, however goes out to my new friend (who now is feeling like an old friend) Cat.  More than anything, it was hearing Cat's voice in my head (or via text or email) that reminded me of a truth I already knew somewhere-that I was worth taking these 30 days to heal.  That I am more powerful in the Light of God than depths of my despair would ever allow me to be.  That I am a child of God, just like every one of us, deserving of love and respect and good friends, and GREAT love in my life.  Over the course of this journey, Cat, along with some very close friends and family members, have never let me fall so far I couldn't get back up, brush it off, and keep traveling this road.

I also want to thank my dear, loving godsons, Andy and Leo.  They are too young to know anything other than their godfather has been especially 'huggy' lately, but their love and my joy at having them in my life are second to none.

Finally, a promise.  If any of you ever need your hand held, need a shoulder to cry on, need someone to remind you to LIVE LIVE LIVE as Auntie Mame would say, I am here.  Don't be afraid to reach out to me the way I have to you.  None of us has all the answers, but we can always try to find them-together.

Until next time-I send you all the Love and Light in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment