Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day/Chapter 9-Shattering Illusions

So, that lady I met on the train I told you about? My resume is now firmly in her inbox, and I am excited at the prospect of getting my groove on again professionally.  There is more to me than retail, yes, but I LOVE what I do, and I am GREAT at it.  Why deny myself that (or the employee discounts?)

I am dealing with some seriously old demons here, the "Liar" is hard at work trying to tell me I can't do this or I can't do that, or I will fail if I try.  Here is the kicker, Mister "Liar" in my head.  I SEE YOU FOR WHAT YOU ARE, AND YOU KNOW WHAT?  I DON"T BELIEVE YOU ANYMORE!  I AM amazing, and I deserve the greatest love, because that is exactly what I have to offer from my God-self, and in my life there is no room for imitations of love, or pretend love or a warm body to fill the void love.  I am not allowing the Liar to tell me that it is o.k. to stay home and skip out on  my spiritual life.  Instead, I am using the "eject" button, and focusing my considerable strength (which I am learning is not something to be afraid of) on the Truth, on the inner, God given voice that tells me "YES YOU CAN, YES YOU WILL!"

So, how do we know the truth from the lie, how do we gain perspective on what is sometimes like a Van Gogh that you are standing too close to?  Cat uses a simple word to remind herself to seek the truth.  "Identify."  Sounds easy enough, sure.   But you and I both know real life is not always so clear.  Or is it?  Are we just looking at the dots and missing the painting?  Together, we will find out.  As I have said before, I am committed to this process, and I am loving the results I am seeing from the work.  You know what I have learned?  Shhhhh.  It's a secret.  The simplest answer is almost always the truth.  When we stare at a bunch of dots close up, we forget to step back and take in the whole.  I am going to use 'identify' to stop myself long enough to take the few steps back to see the entire beautiful painting.

Until tomorrow, I send you love and the Light of God.


1 comment:

  1. The difference between the view from the foot of the mountain and the view from the top of the mountain is a wonderful example of gaining perspective by taking in more of the view. The decision we make at the foot of the mountain is probably quite different than the one we make from the top.

    ReplyDelete