Friday, June 17, 2011

Day/Chapter 21-Calling All Drama Queens

So. looking at the past yesterday under the light of day, I realized something I didn't imagine I would find myself saying.  Even today, there are people in my life that I am not sure I should have in it.  We all have them-'friends' who aren't really our friends, family members who we enable to continue to float through life, seemingly unaware of the consequences, lovers who do not deserve what we have to offer them.   Why do we keep them around, if they are not complimentary to our lives?  Do we have them around for entertainment value?  Are we afraid if we let them go, we will feel like our lives are (gasp) boring?  Or are we just so embedded in the comfort of the drama they bring to our lives that we would feel somehow 'off' without it?

In my case, I think they all apply.  remember that birthday cake I wanted to bake, and then add all sorts of extras to?  In the fantasy realm, causing him great pain is OK.  When it translates into reality-not so much.  As Cat points out in the book, not only is it counterproductive, it is illegal.  Haven't we given enough time and energy to the person or people who hurt us?  Why waste more with midnight phone calls, or grand gestures, or destruction of his property?  More likely than not, we will be the ones that end up hurt, or in jail, or both.  When God sent us into this world, He did so with a loving and sacred charge-to bring Light to those we come in contact with, to share and be shared with in perfect loving harmony.  When we drag our soul into a level that requires us to turn off the Light, we are not living up to our fullest potential, we are not honoring the gifts of life and of Light.

There is a great exercise in today's chapter, and as someone who loves to write anyway, I found it particularly fun to do it in the form of a script.  Maybe it will work for you, maybe another format will better suit your personal style.   Either way, don't let the Light get lost when the anger tries to push it away, or the need for drama is tempting you.  That is my goal, and one I hope you will pick up as well.

Until tomorrow, love and Light!


No comments:

Post a Comment