Friday, June 10, 2011

Day/Chapter 15 It's Not What You're Eating, It's What's Eating You

It took me almost two days to face this one and write about it-sorry for the break.

Well, friends, the subject of weight alone makes all the feelings about him seem almost trivial.  I have been fighting a battle with the bulge since I was probably 10 years old.  That being said, NOBODY should be at Weight Watchers when they are 10 in my opinion, unless it is recommended by a doctor. As an adult who has spent my entire life thinking that i was fat  I look back at photos of me from when I thought I was 'fat' and realize that a 32-34 inch waist (which I had in my teens and early 20's) is actually pretty healthy.  At one point, I became borderline obsessed with not eating anything at all, and drinking all my nutritional needs, I dropped down to a 29 inch waist, but the price of feeling thin was paid by winding up in the hospital.  Here's the thing: I feel just as fat when I was 180 pounds as I do when I weigh 240 (been both, currently somewhere in between.)

So how do I eject a feeling or a thought that is seemingly ingrained on my soul, and the negative body image that goes along with it?  There are so many things I am going to do, and somehow, my body is going to have no choice but to get into synch with where my mind is, and where my goals are talking me.  I have always hated exercise (even when I was a cheerleader) and I call the gym 'that modern-day torture chamber.'    So, anyone who has anything that works, let me know, because other than a LOT of walking (hey it's NYC-we all walk) I don't really exercise all that much, and without anybody to be gym partners with (not talking about a 'him' here) I am not sure I could keep going to one if I started.

I am open, and going to pick up the 2 resources Cat mentions in the book.  So, let me know what you think...

Until tomorrow, love and Light.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your last comments. I have my ups and down, finding it harder in the mornings. I don't know what's going to get me over my grief for my brother and marriage, hopefully with my friends, because my family doesn't seem to be here for me and God I will get through this.

    I have lost close 100lbs since last year Cole but part of my loss was from surgery which now I got back 20lbs back. The way I did without the exercise is I changed my eating habits. I went from regular to whole grain, from wesson oil to olive oil, regular butter to smart butter, whole milk to skim milk, I stop eating beef because beef stays in your system and takes a longer time to acidify, I eat a full breakfast 3 eggs taking out 2 of the yolks. I replaced potatoes with brown jasmine rice. Eat plenty of dark green veggies. I use spinach mixed with other dark green lettuce leaves with walnuts, berries (preferably blue but others are good)and walnuts or pecans with zero Vinaigrette. I know we are not suppose to watch ABC so I just go to Dr OZ's site and look at the recipes which are healthy and good. I stop drinking beer. I use to tell myself that the zero cal beer was good right? wrong? They still have yeast in it! I switch to red wine! Eat less in your meals and eat more meals. The more meals you eat a day ups your metabolism. Then do your usual walking. Never weigh yourself but once a month! Always measure yourself (arms, thighs, neck, waist, hips) once a week. Keep a chart on what you eat and your measurements, weight, and how long you walk in minutes/miles/blocks! This helps in tracking just like you are doing here with reinventing Cole. The reason why I say only weight yourself once a month is sometime we get frustrated if we don't lose what we want to lose during a week. This keeps that frustration down. been there done that! I wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete