Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day/Chapter 29 The Great Life

Wow, am I really only one day away for being 30 days into this?  I must be, because I feel about a million miles away from where I started, and so much closer to being 100% in my own skin (and comfortable there) than I remember feeling in a very long time (if ever!)   In this chapter, Cat talks about the present, and the inherent joy in each new day.

I like to think I live within an 'attitude of gratitude' with regards to my truly blessed life.  Some people may wonder where that attitude comes from when life in NYC on unemployment and pounding the pavement looking for work can be so difficult.  I will give you a few examples:

Out side the building I live in, there are these BEAUTIFUL lily plants that blossom every spring/summer.  Last night, I was walking with my friend Renat and he asked me what it was that smelled so different about my neighborhood.  I stopped him dead in his tracks and told him to look to his left.  There was a beautiful lily.  In the 28 years my friend has been alive he had LITERALLY never stopped to smell the proverbial roses.  I stop to appreciate them all the time.  

Every day, I make a point of noting the things in life which make me smile.  It doesn't take much to do it, and by recognizing that which brings us joy, we multiply the joy.  

Give it a try.  LOOK for the joy in your life.   You will see it is there, whether we recognize it or not.   When we recognize it, and give thanks to God/Universe for it, and most importantly SHARE it, it comes back to us a thousandfold.  Nothing makes me feel better than seeing someone else really smile.  

One day left.  Then, we take another step into the future...

Love and Light, today and always.


No comments:

Post a Comment