Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day/Chapter 25 Personality Types Part 2 Controller/Manipulators

So, yesterday's rallies were pretty fun, I got to see a lot of great people, and we had an overall fantastic time.  I did something completely out of the ordinary for me, however.  In the spirit of this whole 'committed to a new me' thing, I joined a gym a few short blocks from home.  Now comes the truly hard part-actually going there.  I purposely chose a gym within walking distance, so I could get there without any excuses of it not being nearby.  I chose one that has clubs with pools, because unlike the normal working out thing, I love to swim, I chose one that was affordable (30 bucks a month.)    Now, I have to 'just do it' and make it work for me.  I have a lifelong love/hate relationship with the gym.  I am a gay man, so the eye candy is the love part.  I am VERY self aware, so the idea other people can see me work out is the hate part.  Either way, I am going to do what I have to do.  Blinders on, focus intact.

On to the controller/manipulators.  I have dated a few of these, but I will admit it is a rare slip for me.  I am the ultimate free spirited Sagittarius.  The idea of not having the freedom to do as I see fit is anathema to me.   Fortunately, I can see very early on that the 'loving guidance' this type presents 'for my own good' is total BS, and simply a way to try to control and manipulate me into being basically a trapped being.  It is so contrary to my nature to be that way that I seem to naturally repel this type of being.

I think that makes me one of the lucky ones.  If you are reading this, so are you.

I send you my love and Light, as always!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Cole, I am SO happy to hear that you repel these personalities because most people are magnets for them. You sound so great, and as always, your posts make me smile with gratitude and laugh because you are so beautifully transparent (and I mean that in the Biblical way!)

    ReplyDelete