Friday, June 24, 2011

Day/Chapter 28 Resources For Future Reference

Yesterday, I had a conversation with my sister Courtney where we talked about our failed relationships, and our successful ones.  Cour made an observation that I tended to date men like our Dad and she tended to date women like our Mom.  I guess that is the GLBT take on girls dating their Daddy and boys dating their Mommy.  I had never looked at it that way before, and part of me wanted to reject it immediately because, as much as I ADORE my Dad (I am one of those VERY lucky people who have parents who support, love and accept their GLBT kids as we are) I don't want to date him.  Add that to my list of things to watch out for!

On to today:

Wow, this list of resources is like a 'who's who' of the books in my home Library!  There is one book that Cat missed in the list that I think should be on anyone's 'Must Read' list.  The Artist's Way: A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity by Julia Cameron.   I read it first about a decade ago, and it has been collecting dust ever since.  I think it is time to revisit it.  But there are some on Cat's list that I am going to go to the Library and reserve as well :)

Many, many, moons ago,  in around 1993, I read You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay.  I think at 17-18, I was simply not ready to absorb the lessons within.  But it did give me a foundation on which I could build spiritually and practically.

No comments:

Post a Comment