Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day/Chapter 17-It Isn't 'Out There'

So, Church was amazing.  I finally went back to Scared Center (thanks for reminding me of it, Cat!) If you live in NYC, and have never been.  Get in touch with me.  I will meet you, and we can go together.  The experience is second to none.  Never have I so completely felt the joyful presence of a congregation devoted to celebrating faith.  Regardless of who you are, what your particular belief is, going to Sacred Center is kind of like Kaballah-spiritual vitamins.  It is a big deal that I went because I went with myself (some may say alone, but there is a big difference.)   It is appropriate that this chapter is about the within, and our internal strengths.  I have found that I am happiest when I am with myself.  I enjoy it so much sometimes that I border on becoming a recluse just to keep enjoying it.  It took me a long time to learn to enjoy my own company, so I know how scary it can be.  But it is too gorgeous an afternoon to spend indoors, so I am headed outside.

Before I go, thank you for all the support I got from all of you after revealing the Central Park incident.  Finally having that out in the open, and behind me is more of a relief than I have words to express.  To think, when I started this journey, it was because I was upset about the end of a relationship with someone else makes me giggle now.  The relationship I need to fix is the one with myself.  Being able to talk about things like that openly (for the first time) is shedding light on some areas of me that I didn't remember needed it.

Until tomorrow.  Love and Light.


No comments:

Post a Comment