Friday, July 1, 2011

So, I finally said Yes

So, I finally broke down and said yes to an invitation to go on a date.  And you know what?  I had a GREAT time (Though I am not sure I recommend walking 2 miles in tight shoes, no matter HOW cute they are!)  We met up in Inwood for a drink, and then walked through Ft. Tryon Park to one of my favorite places-Kismet Restaurant on Ft. Washington Ave and W 187 Street in Washington Heights.

Note to self for future dating-2 things are important to remember 1. comfortable shoes 2. curry vindaloo on a 1st date is probably not a good idea!

We had a lovely dinner, learned a bit about each other, laughed a lot, and then met up with a friend at No Parking (a gay bar in upper Manhattan.)  Though my 'bestie'  was in his usual peacock mode, I managed to ignore it (for the most part) and enjoy myself for the one drink we had there (as my feet blistered and bled into my adorable shoes.)  

When he walked me to the train, we both were a bit nervous, and I know I wanted to kiss him, and it seemed like he wanted to kiss me.  We didn't.  Instead, we agreed to a second date.  

I will keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment