Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day Six-Manifesting Your Beautiful Life

Hello, loves.

So that 'allergy attack'  turned out to be a full blown cold.  Ick.  Even the cats are staying away.  Have been just clogged up and sniffling and sneezing and coughing...basically everything the old NyQuil commercial says.  Maybe this is the physical manifestation of ejecting the negative thoughts and energies from my system.  Working this system is not for the faint of heart, and my body definitely is ejecting the negativity in any way it can!  It makes me happy to know that my buddy, Cat is here with me, helping me every step of the way through this book.  As I read, I can 'hear' her voice in my head, and feel her encouragement.  I added to my list of negative self talk today, and used the 'eject button' more than once!    NYC is HUMID today, even though it is only about 80 degrees, it feels mush hotter.  Either that, or the fever is back. Either way, NOTHING is going to get in my way today.  I AM going to be better than I was yesterday.  And if you don't like it...you get the idea!

Today, Cat talks a lot about 'manifesting.'  This is a term I am not unfamiliar with, as my grandmother worked for a Spiritual Psychologist when I was younger than I am today.  I have spent a good portion of my life resisting these ideas, in part because I just resist ANYTHING that could make me have to be accountable.  It is too easy to blame my problems or lack of motivation on someone else.  Too easy to not have to be accountable for my decisions, my choices.  Why accept responsibility when I can so easily lay it squarely on the shoulders of my parents' drug and alcohol problems when I was young, my Mother's repetitive disappearing act or my father's propensity for violence before he learned there was another way to communicate.   Why force myself to work on anything when I could simply lay down in defeat and eat my way into oblivion, or find a 'project boyfriend'  who I would try (and subsequently fail) to 'save' from his own demons?  I'll tell you why.  Because everyone I knew told me it was what I should do.  I mentioned before how much I hate rules.  These ideas became a new set of rules I was 'supposed' to follow.  Up until now, that just wouldn't do at all.  Now, I guess you can say that I have 'grown up' some.  I am more open to the possibility of someone who is outside myself and my negative self-speak being who I can listen to.

I have something to ask of all of you.  I need a commitment RIGHT NOW:

DO NOT ALLOW ME TO DEMEAN MYSELF.  STOP ME-ANY WAY YOU NEED TO.

I promise I will do the same for you, because I love you, my friends.

The book is really right about something else today.  He is not important anymore.  I am!


Today's exercise is something I am really looking forward to, because it will allow me to explore my creativity.  I am going to put together positive images of myself, and make them manifest. [(In my best Brooklyn accent-Hey if you want details on the exercise, get the book, people!]

For now, I will leave you with a taste of what I am going to be telling myself every day from now on.  Say it with me, say it with Cat, say it to yourself, to ANYONE who will listen!

"THERE IS NO ONE ELSE ON THIS EARTH I'D RATHER BE."

Now comes the hard part-say it until you believe it.

Until tomorrow, love and light to you my friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment