Sunday, May 20, 2012

Stalking

So, recently I had what I call an "Andrea Evans issue."  Before I even went on a date with this guy, he began to display all the signs of being controlling to the point of stalking.  Somewhere, in the back of my head, I could hear Cat's voice telling me to be cautious with this situation, to tread carefully.  I had agreed to a date, however, and I am a man of my word.

I agreed to meet him in a VERY public place (Times' Square,)  and made sure a friend had his name, number and photo of him in case anything went wrong (a good idea for any first date if you ask me!)   A few hours before, he canceled, and asked for a rain check.  For some reason beyond my comprehension, I said yes.  But as the day of our rescheduled date came, I found him calling me over and over and over, texting me and becoming aggressive if I did not respond immediately.  When, finally, under pressure to solidify a time for our reschedule, I decided it was not a good idea, he went completely apeshit.  Calling me names, telling me how undesireable I was, saying he hoped I died, and that he would dance on my grave.  I had SIXTY FOUR missed calls from him in a four hour period.  My caution turned into outright fear, and I called the police.

I am grateful every day for the lessons learned from Cat and the tools she shares with us in her book.  I am able to apply them much more readily today than ever before, and I am remembering to listen to my gut instincts.

It gets better every day.

Love and Light,

Cole 

No comments:

Post a Comment